Coronavirus & Human Rights
The coronavirus (COVID-19) has suddenly turned the world of many people upside down. These are difficult times for all of us. In many countries, governments have taken strict measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19. All governments and other actors involved in and affected by the COVID-19 outbreak must ensure that international human rights law and standards are at the centre of all responses to COVID-19, in order to best protect public health and support people who are most at risk of adverse impacts.
Below a collection of news(articles) related to corona virus & Human Rights, both in Dutch and English. We will update this list as much as possible.
- 6 THINGS TO DO WHILE AT HOME DURING COVID-19 PANDEM
The fight for human rights never sleeps. So why not use your time at home during the coronavirus pandemic to educate yourself and help others? Check out what you can do!
- URGENT ACTION Greece: Urgently protect refugees from COVID-19. Send a message to the Prime Minister of Greece here
- URGENT ACTION Call on the Iranian authorities to release prisoners of conscience here
- URGENT ACTION The venezuelan journalist Darvinson Rojas has been arrested for spreading news about the coronavirus. Demand his release here
- URGENT ACTION Censorship, harassment and punishment for speaking out are hindering the fight against the coronavirus outbreak. Take action now to demand an end to censorship in China.
- After this pandemic: we can do better
- Pho noodles and pandas: How China’s social media users created a new language to beat government censorship on COVID-19
- Letter to ministers about the consequences of measures against the coronavirus for immigration detention in the Netherlands (Dutch)