Amnesty International Network Utrecht is looking for an activist Leader for the LGBTQIA+ Rights Campaign
Amnesty International is a global movement for human rights with over 7 million people around the world. Guided by the aspirational vision of a world where each individual experiences the full scope of rights outlined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other International human rights instruments, the organisation is committed to conducting in-depth research and taking decisive actions to prevent and terminate severe violations of these fundamental rights.
The role is a voluntary position requiring an average commitment of 2 to 4 hours per week.
Amnesty International Network Utrecht (AINU) is a collective of like-minded people who contribute locally in Utrecht to global action against human rights violations, in line with Amnesty International’s campaigns in the Netherlands. We organise events that shed light on local human rights issues, fostering meaningful local impact. Additionally, we facilitate opportunities for our activists to develop their leadership skills. The primary language of communication within our network is English.
Who are you?
- You are an advocate of LGTQI+ rights.
- You like to take responsibility.
- You are capable of working project based.
- You enjoy meeting and approaching new people.
- You know how to motivate people to fight for human rights.
- You know the local community in Utrecht and live in Utrecht.
- You have strong proficiency in English.
About the Activist Leader role
1. Composing a team of activists
- Recruiting activists.
- Coaching your activists.
- Creating a team together.
- Involving your team members in the execution of specific actions among LGTQI+ rights.
2. Development and execution of the LGBTQIA+ Rights local campaign activities
- Develop a local campaign.
- Develop and comple the campaign activities.
- Conduct, monitor and evaluate for the campaign.
What does AINU offer you?
- You will be part of a network with enthusiastic people that fight for human rights.
- You will gain experience in working with Amnesty International.
- Development of your knowledge and skills through trainings provided by Amnesty International Netherlands.
- A lot of space for your creativity and ideas.
- Expense allowance.
If you are interested, do not hesitate to send us a message with a short motivation of why you would like to join our LGBTQIA+ Rights Campaign as the new Activist Leader. You can send this email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to meet you soon!